26th General Assembly of IUPAP (2008) - Resolutions
Resolutions of the 2008 General Assembly
1. That the IUPAP member fees will remain at 1850 euros per share for the period 2009-2011.
2. That the size of the Commissions will be increased from 13 to 14.
3. That IUPAP partner with UNESCO and sign the “Memorandum of Cooperation” as revised and presented to the General Assembly. (Full resolution)
4. That the slates of candidates for Commission members and IUPAP Officers be adopted.
5. That the “IUPAP Statement on Universality of Science” be adopted. (Full statement)
6. That the “Resolution on the Importance of Active Learning and Hands-on Physics Education” be adopted. (Full resolution)
7. That the “Resolutions from the Conference on Women in Physics in Korea,” as reported to the 2008 General Assembly, be adopted.
8. That IUPAP endorses the recommendations concerning the redefinition of the SI units made by the Consultative Committee for Units (CCU) to the General Conference on Weights and Measures (CGPM) at its meeting in November 2007. (Full recommendations)
9. That the resolution endorsing SESAME be adopted by IUPAP. (Full resolution)