References to “IUPAP” mean the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (“IUPAP”) and organisations acting on its behalf, including the Institute of Physics
References to “this website” are to the IUPAP website from which you are linking to this Disclaimer – http://www.iupap.org.
This Disclaimer contains important information specifically about your use of this website. Please read it carefully. While IUPAP takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, the contents are provided “as is” and only for general information purposes. This Disclaimer was last updated on 26 August 2011.
1. IUPAP does not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted for posting on this website and does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness or usefulness of, or otherwise adopt or endorse, any information or services provided. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of IUPAP for any error, omission or misleading statement on this website or any website to which its pages connect or for any injury, loss or damage that occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided. Neither can IUPAP guarantee that any information or services are still current and/or applicable and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any information that you access from this website is accurate, complete and useful.
2. Any information submitted for posting on this website expresses the views of its author and shall not be deemed to express the views of IUPAP. IUPAP can remove objectionable content and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable timeframe, if it determines that removal is necessary. As this is a manual process, however, it may not be possible to remove or edit particular content immediately. Considering the real-time nature of this website, it is impossible for IUPAP to review content instantly or to confirm the validity of posted information. IUPAP is a distributor only (and not a publisher) of any third party content on this website.
3. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IUPAP disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on this website and does not guarantee that this website will be fault free.
4. Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the Internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted onto this website, any liability that IUPAP may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access this website, or from any use of this website or reliance on data transmitted using it, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall IUPAP be liable for any loss of profit, data, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of this website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
5. While IUPAP makes every reasonable effort to check and test material at all stages of production, it recommends that you run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from this website. IUPAP makes no warranty that the contents of this website are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties, and it cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using material derived from this website.
7. The information provided by IUPAP on this website is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured and you should seek appropriate independent advice.
8. No mention of any organization, company or individual, whether on this website or on other websites to which its pages are linked, implies any approval or warranty as to their standing or capability on the part of IUPAP. In addition, IUPAP accepts no liability for any goods or services provided by third-party suppliers.