WG7: International Committee on Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers (ICUIL)
The International Committee on Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers (ICUIL) was proposed and mandated in 2003 by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics at the Council and Commission Chairs meeting in Vancouver, Canada, and is Working Group 7.
Charge to the Working Group
- to provide a venue for discussions among representatives of the Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers facilities and members of the user communities on international collaborative activities such as the development of the next generation ultrahigh intensity lasers, exploration of new areas of fundamental and applied research, and formation of a global research network for access to advanced facilities by users;
- to promote unity and coherence in the field by convening conferences and workshops dedicated to ultrahigh intensity lasers and their applications;
- to accelerate progress in the field by exploring opportunities of sharing information, joint procurement, and the exchange of equipment, ideas and personnel among laser laboratories world-wide;
- to attract students to high-field science by promoting their education and training, interactions with prominent scientists, and access to the latest equipment, results and techniques;
- to strengthen and exploit synergy with other relevant fields and techniques, notable accelerator-based free electron lasers.
Chair: Toshiki Tajima
Co-Chair: Chris Barty
Co-Chair: Wolfgang Sandner
Secretary: Terry Kessler
Treasurer: Tsuneyuki Ozaki
G Ravindra Kumar
Zheng Ming Sheng
Nilson Da Vieras Jr.
Website for The International Committee on Ultra-High Intensity Lasers.