WG7: International Committee on Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers (ICUIL)
Working Group 7 (WG7), the International Committee on Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers (ICUIL) was created by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics in 2003 at the Council and Commission Chairs meeting in Vancouver, Canada.
Charge to the Working Group
- to provide a venue for discussions among representatives of the Ultrahigh Intensity Lasers facilities and members of the user communities on international collaborative activities such as the development of the next generation ultrahigh intensity lasers, exploration of new areas of fundamental and applied research, and formation of a global research network for access to advanced facilities by users;
- to promote unity and coherence in the field by convening conferences and workshops dedicated to ultrahigh intensity lasers and their applications;
- to accelerate progress in the field by exploring opportunities of sharing information, joint procurement, and the exchange of equipment, ideas and personnel among laser laboratories world-wide;
- to attract students to high-field science by promoting their education and training, interactions with prominent scientists, and access to the latest equipment, results and techniques;
- to strengthen and exploit synergy with other relevant fields and techniques, notable accelerator-based free electron lasers.
Chair: Chris Barty
Co-Chair: Alexander Sergeev
Co-Chair: G Ravindra Kumar
Secretary: Terry Kessler
Treasurer: Tsuneyuki Ozaki
Chang Hee Nam
Nilson Da Vieras Jr.
Sandro De Silvestri
Reports to the General Assembly: 2014, 2017
Reports to the IUPAP Council and Commission Chairs Meeting: 2015 (Oct), 2018(May), 2018(Oct), 2019(Oct)
Website for The International Committee on Ultra-High Intensity Lasers.